In This Section
Institutional Effectiveness, Data and Governance
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness insures that data and research are grounded in best practices, provide historic perspective and longitudinal analysis, and are accurate, reliable and valid. The Office provides unbiased data that can drive decision making at all levels of the University.
The Office uses in house and national surveys on entering freshmen, current students, graduating seniors, alumni, faculty and staff on a regular schedule and as ad hoc needs arise. The Office of Institutional Effectiveness has approval authority for all surveys that are to be used for program-level or institutional assessment purposes. In addition, the Office serves as the central repository for survey information and results, and determines how to share survey results with appropriate groups and individuals.
The Office provides the following services in support of the University mission, in support of cultivating a culture of continuous improvement of undergraduate and graduate student learning outcomes, assessment, and degree program evaluation:
- Support assessment activities of academic and non-academic units
- Provide statistical and other data required by state, federal, and other external agencies
- Create and maintain university dashboards and benchmarking studies
- Develop and execute surveys for continuous improvement
- Support the University Strategic Planning Council and University Assessment Council
- Coordinate the program evaluation process and academic program review
- Assist the University with Middle States re-accreditation efforts and work with professional programs and units to support external accreditation requirements
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Institutional Research Resources
- USciences Fast Facts
- Common Data Sets (CDS) - Coming Soon
- Association of Institutional Research (AIR)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
Kymber Taylor, Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Whitecar Hall, 2300
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495