in this section
biochemistry, ms, phd
biochemistry makes connections. you’ll make connections of your own at usciences.
expert instructors bring biology and chemistry disciplines together our graduate-level
courses. research and internship opportunities link those lessons to the real world.
with an advanced degree, your knowledge and network help you make the ultimate connection—to
a rewarding career in biochemistry. courses cost $1,676 per credit.
what sets us apart?
- we’re accredited nationally by the american society for biochemistry and molecular biology.
- use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-mhz
nmr spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence spectrophotometers,
and powerful beowulf supercomputers in our west center for computational chemistry and drug design.
- we incorporate computer technology throughout the curriculum, starting with your first
course in chemistry. nearly all lectures and labs integrate computer applications.
- engage in independent research under the guidance of expert faculty.
- our faculty specialize in structural biochemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, enzymology,
molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and biochemical genetics.
- gain industrial experience via on-campus and off-campus internships.
program director’s message
- dig it: student's passion leads to month-long excavation trip in belize
june 30, 2020
victoria pobok bio'20, humsci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in northern belize studying the ancient maya.
- biochemistry phd alum offers advice to prospective students
april 03, 2020
nicolas cope phd'20 (biochemistry) credits usciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
- nicholas cope phd'20 earns founders' day award of merit
march 09, 2020
an outstanding graduate researcher whose work to research cancer led to numerous publications, nicolas cope phd'20 (biochemistry) was presented the 2020 graduate student award of merit during university of the sciences' 199th founders' day ceremony on thursday, feb. 13, 2020.
- usciences' brewing science program awarded grant to develop quality testing lab
december 16, 2019
governor tom wolf announced that the pennsylvania liquor control board (plcb) has approved $1.2 million in grants for 18 projects to increase the production of pennsylvania-made malt and brewed beverages and enhance the pennsylvania beer industry through promotion, marketing, and research-based programs and projects.
- usciences, west pharma mark 20 years of innovative research at the west center
december 13, 2019
university of the sciences (usciences) and west pharmaceutical services (west) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the west center for computational chemistry and drug design during a celebration on usciences' campus on december 12, 2019.
john w. tomsho, phd
griffith hall, room 310a
university of the sciences
600 south 43rd street
philadelphia, pa 19104-4495