in this section
- Curriculum & Duration
- application process
- research opportunities
- experiential opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- career outcomes
physics is one of our most forward-looking undergraduate programs. this is “next-wave” physics with particular strengths in bio-medicine and nanotechnology. by its very nature, physics is a broadly interdisciplinary field, and even more so at usciences. by choosing one of six physics tracks—general physics, biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science—or an integrated bs/ms program, you will take advantage of incredible opportunities to collaborate with classmates and faculty in engineering, chemistry, biology, medicine, and more. our alumni are in high demand in the bioengineering and pharmaceutical industry, and physics majors are in excellent position for graduate school or medical school.
earn your master's in one extra year
want a fast track to your master’s degree? our 4+1 integrated bs/ms program in physics allows you to earn up to 15 graduate credits during your four undergraduate years—at no extra charge. you then complete your master’s with just one additional year of study. this saves you time and costs considerably less than a two-year ms program at another university. plus, we’ve designed our integrated bs/ms program around current market demands, so you’ll be prepared for a booming career in the private sector.
what sets us apart?
- thanks to our unique history and wide-ranging relationships, usciences is well-positioned
to leverage physics’ developing connections with biological, pharmaceutical, and health-care
- the program’s forward-looking focus, from curriculum to research, reflects current trends in physics, with emphasis on such emerging areas
- our tight-knit, nurturing department and faculty support you every step of the way.
- tracks in biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science
prepare you for the fastest-growing subsets of the discipline.
- interdisciplinary opportunities are available throughout the university, allowing
you to study and research with members of other departments.
- earn your usciences ms in physics in just one extra year through our integrated bs/ms program which allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
usciences newsview all
- physics professor paul halpern releases new book
august 04, 2020
paul halpern, phd, professor of physics at usciences, has released his new book synchronicity: the epic quest to understand the quantum nature of cause and effect published by basic books.
- dr. roberto ramos featured on whyy science podcast
june 10, 2020
roberto ramos phd, associate professor of physics, was featured on whyy's weekly health and science podcast, the pulse.
- physics alumnus' passion led him to work in japan
june 01, 2020
christopher petoukhoff's c'11, phys'11, phd, passion for science and engineering has given him many opportunities, including a position as a postdoctoral researcher in materials science and engineering at the okinawa institute of science and technology.
- 4400 mile leap of faith leads to valedictorian honor for karla miletic phys'20
may 29, 2020
days before the start of the fall 2016 semester, miletic made the journey for the first time, and four years later, when she graduated as valedictorian for the class of 2020, she was back at home in zadar, where she had been finishing her semester with virtual coursework due to the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic.
- alyssa petroski phys'20 attributes job success to experience gained at usciences
may 07, 2020
alyssa petroski phys'20 credits the lab experience and education she received while in the physics program at usciences with helping her a pathway to a career as a systems engineer.
university of the sciences
600 south 43rd street
philadelphia, pa 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810