in this section
- news by topic
- media resources
- university events
- 5k race for humanity
- advances in pharmacy practice
- alumni reunion weekend
- delivering medication therapy management services certificate program
- discover series
- family fall fest
- founders’ day
- graduate student orientation
- healthy lifestyles social media business competition
- lois k. cohen lecture series
- making the connections
- the bernard j. malis memorial lectureship in humanities
- misher festival of fine arts and humanities
- mlk day of service
- move-in and welcome events
- patricia leahy memorial lecture
- pharmacy-based immunization delivery training
- philadelphia grain malt symposium
- philadelphia science festival
- reep annual symposium and networking event
- research day and john c. krantz jr. lecture
- undergraduate research festival
- vestibular rehabilitation continuing education series
- usciences in the news
- the bulletin alumni magazine
- the insider newsletter signup
associate director of communications
university of the sciences
600 south 43rd street
philadelphia, pa 19104-4495
- national association of chain drug stores grant to fund usciences' hepatitis c effort
december 04, 2020
the national association of chain drug stores (nacds) has awarded a usciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with hepatitis c.
- usciences online graduate helps make immediate changes in patient's lives
december 03, 2020
originally looking at many program options, emely pucheu hadm'20 ultimately chose usciences online's graduate certificate in healthcare administration.
- alumna chooses to continue her education with usciences online
november 12, 2020
when looking to continue her education, alumna gwenevere creque mt’78, higc’20 discovered that usciences online offered just what she was looking for.
- pharmacy alumni installed in pa pharmacists association leadership
november 06, 2020
the pennsylvania pharmacists association (ppa) recently installed alumni thomas franko, pharmd'11, bcacp as the 2020-2021 president-elect, and michelle murphy, ms, pharmd'08, as the 2020-2021 mco/industry/government director.
- 2020 alumni association annual award ceremony
october 23, 2020
usciences marked an unconventional, virtual reunion event with the annual the alumni association award ceremony on saturday, october 10, to recognize the achievements of four outstanding alumni.
- pharmacy faculty and alumni honored by pennsylvania pharmacists association
october 15, 2020
the pennsylvania pharmacists association recently presented awards to richard ost p'82; daniel ventricelli, pharmd, mph; and elizabeth harris, pharmd, at a virtual annual conference held on october 2, 2020.
- alumni share first job advice with students
october 14, 2020
the young professionals organization (ypo) hosted two virtual pharmacy career panels this summer focused on networking and leveraging the most from residencies.
- donor spotlight: supporting the future of our profession
october 12, 2020
when the coronavirus (covid-19) outbreak began last spring, oleg zvenigorodsky pharmd'08 joined the collective effort to support the student emergency fund. at the onset of the pandemic, it was one of zvenigorodsky's first instincts to support students in response to the crisis.
- alumni share what they wish they knew when starting their careers
september 25, 2020
young alumni from misher college of arts and sciences shared their advice on transitioning to careers and life after graduation with students from the college during a virtual event hosted by the young professional organization and the office of alumni relations on september 2.
- keith creagh dpt'10 helped patients recovering from covid-19 in new jersey
september 24, 2020
when coronavirus (covid-19) began to impact new jersey in march, keith creagh dpt'10 helped to lead his team of therapists to care for patients while staying safe.
- 43rd and woodland: podcast is connecting alumni and students
august 19, 2020
sean ahern pharmd'19 and jared hunter humsci'16 sought out a venue to engage young alumni and created 43rd and woodland, a podcast focused on navigating career and life.
- christina hopkins psy'14 returns to alma mater as adjunct professor
august 17, 2020
university of the sciences equipped christina hopkins psy'14 with all the tools necessary to move on and be successful in graduate school; now she hopes to do the same for current and future usciences students.
- usciences announces new leadership, new members to the board of trustees
august 11, 2020
university of the sciences' board of trustees has elected new leadership and added two new members for the 2020-21 academic year.
- physical therapy alumna, faculty collaborate on airbag for hips
july 30, 2020
usciences faculty in the department of physical therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- alumnus sees covid-19 through a student lens donor spotlight: dwight bowen, pharmd'11
july 20, 2020
when the covid-19 pandemic began, dwight bowen pharmd'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help usciences students in need through the student emergency fund.
- alumnus takes 'opportunity of a lifetime' serving on white house coronavirus task force
july 09, 2020
kurtis oakley mb'07, mt'08 was deployed in april as a covid-19 microbiological operations officer with the u.s. army corps of engineers (usace) white house task force unit.
- pre-health alumni speak to students about life after usciences
june 10, 2020
alumni of usciences' pre-health program shared their experiences with current students during a virtual alumni event on may 8, 2020, giving advice about applying to graduate school, the transition into their graduate programs, and the impact of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic.
- usciences' dpt clinical experience helps alumnus discover his specialty
june 02, 2020
when anthony martin dpt'19, began applying to physical therapy programs, he focused on a selection of schools in philadelphia and new york city. originally from the west coast, he and his wife were hoping to experience life in the northeast.
- physics alumnus' passion led him to work in japan
june 01, 2020
christopher petoukhoff's c'11, phys'11, phd, passion for science and engineering has given him many opportunities, including a position as a postdoctoral researcher in materials science and engineering at the okinawa institute of science and technology.
- 4400 mile leap of faith leads to valedictorian honor for karla miletic phys'20
may 29, 2020
days before the start of the fall 2016 semester, miletic made the journey for the first time, and four years later, when she graduated as valedictorian for the class of 2020, she was back at home in zadar, where she had been finishing her semester with virtual coursework due to the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic.