in this section
- news by topic
- media resources
- university events
- 5k race for humanity
- advances in pharmacy practice
- alumni reunion weekend
- delivering medication therapy management services certificate program
- discover series
- family fall fest
- founders’ day
- graduate student orientation
- healthy lifestyles social media business competition
- lois k. cohen lecture series
- making the connections
- the bernard j. malis memorial lectureship in humanities
- misher festival of fine arts and humanities
- mlk day of service
- move-in and welcome events
- patricia leahy memorial lecture
- pharmacy-based immunization delivery training
- philadelphia grain malt symposium
- philadelphia science festival
- reep annual symposium and networking event
- research day and john c. krantz jr. lecture
- undergraduate research festival
- vestibular rehabilitation continuing education series
- usciences in the news
- the bulletin alumni magazine
- the insider newsletter signup
associate director of communications
university of the sciences
600 south 43rd street
philadelphia, pa 19104-4495
- pcp doctoral students publish covid-19 research review
september 25, 2020
as the covid-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three usciences phd students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- keith creagh dpt'10 helped patients recovering from covid-19 in new jersey
september 24, 2020
when coronavirus (covid-19) began to impact new jersey in march, keith creagh dpt'10 helped to lead his team of therapists to care for patients while staying safe.
- usciences faculty prepare for hybrid teaching with online course
september 09, 2020
as faculty prepare for another semester with many teaching in virtual classrooms, several prepared by taking part in their own online course over the summer.
- pharmacy students find success despite adjusting to virtual learning
august 24, 2020
as the coronavirus (covid-19) rapidly caused changes and shutdowns across the country, usciences students and faculty had to adapt quickly to a virtual educational experience. in the philadelphia college of pharmacy, courses and certificate programs were made virtual and still showed student successes.
- pcp faculty team up to help students complete practice experiences amidst covid shutdowns
august 24, 2020
professors from usciences' philadelphia college of pharmacy came together to create an interactive virtual experiential course for students who had their ippes interrupted.
- alumnus sees covid-19 through a student lens donor spotlight: dwight bowen, pharmd'11
july 20, 2020
when the covid-19 pandemic began, dwight bowen pharmd'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help usciences students in need through the student emergency fund.
- alumnus takes 'opportunity of a lifetime' serving on white house coronavirus task force
july 09, 2020
kurtis oakley mb'07, mt'08 was deployed in april as a covid-19 microbiological operations officer with the u.s. army corps of engineers (usace) white house task force unit.
- usciences students gain telehealth experience during covid-19 clinical rotations
may 19, 2020
coronavirus (covid-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. to learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, usciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- rosemarie halt p'89, mph'12 leads delaware county covid-19 response
may 19, 2020
liaising with government officials, coordinating coronavirus (covid-19) testing sites, and managing volunteer health professionals, rosemarie halt p'89, mph'12 has taken on many new responsibilities since she was tapped to coordinate the public health response for delaware county, pennsylvania.
- tim bowers mt'02, mph'08 leads local health system's response to covid-19
may 19, 2020
tim bowers mt'02, mph'08, director of infection prevention for christianacare, has helped to prepare the health system to receive coronavirus (covid-19) patients as the pandemic hit delaware.
- usciences alumnus works to get ppe to healthcare workers in new york
may 14, 2020
during the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic, usciences alumnus mayank parikh pharmd'13, owner of super health pharmacy, helped rhonda roland shearer provide free personal protective equipment (ppe) to healthcare workers in new york
- edgardo mecadante p'79 heralds importance of telemedicine during covid-19 pandemic
may 12, 2020
as many businesses have moved to a virtual environment to practice social distancing during the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic, edgardo a. mercadante p'79, hondsc'17 has seen a new focus on telehealth as healthcare providers seek to offer the same care to patients without in-person visits.
- bright spots: usciences professor shares her experience teaching during covid-19
may 07, 2020
after the covid-19 pandemic launched students and faculty into virtual classrooms, one usciences professor learned how distance can forge deeper connections.
- philadelphia college of pharmacy students get help from alumni donors
may 04, 2020
many students were beginning rotations and internships just as the covid-19 pandemic called for national stay-at-home orders and led to restrictions for many healthcare facilities. marques williams pharmd'20 is one of them.
- usciences emergency fund provides support to student needs during covid-19
may 01, 2020
as the academic year winds down, student affairs continues to directly assist students and their families who are feeling the immediate economic impacts of coronavirus (covid-19).
- in the midst of covid-19, usciences president helps future healthcare providers see their value
may 01, 2020
usciences president paul katz, md was inspired by his father, a physician, to pursue medicine as a profession. throughout his career, he has been committed to helping students follow their passion into healthcare and science careers.
- usciences community members donate homemade masks for essential employees
april 29, 2020
amidst the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis, members of the usciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. senior victoria pobok bi'20, medhum'20, and karen levinson phd, director of the counseling center, both stepped up to help.
- usciences student and alumni helping community together
april 29, 2020
usciences student paul fimognari pharmd'20 is on rotation at the compounding pharmacist in west chester, pa learning how to compound various creams, gels, and other medications. the compounding pharmacist is the first compounding-only pharmacy to open in pennsylvania and is operated by alumni kevin hennessey pharmd'08 and mark pimley p'84.
- occupational therapy alum continues to help kids during covid-19
april 21, 2020
daniel dubinsky mot'13 is a pediatric occupational therapist working at various schools in new york and new jersey with kids in all age groups from preschool through high school. he also provides telehealth to a virtual school in california. his passion for helping students extends beyond the online classroom and during coronavirus (covid-19) has inspired him to find a creative solution to connect with students and parents through youtube.
- marc storb pharmd'19 helps patients in the fight against covid-19
april 17, 2020
marc storb pharmd'19 is on his critical care rotation during his pgy-1 pharmacy residency at atlanticare regional medical center in new jersey, which have about 50 intensive care beds between both campuses.