in this section
pharmaceutical science major
develop the next breakthrough drug at usciences. our bs in pharmaceutical sciences program provides you with a foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and pharmaceutics. you’ll sharpen your technical skills through nine laboratory-based courses and faculty-directed undergraduate research projects in a variety of biotechnology and pharmaceutical facilities. and you’ll use these skills to develop new medications as you prepare for a successful pharmaceutical career.
what sets us apart?
- gain the theoretical understanding and laboratory-based skills to develop, formulate,
manufacture, and test drugs and cosmetics.
- our flexible curriculum allows you to choose an area of specialization or pursue a minor in a specific discipline.
- working closely with faculty, you’ll conduct undergraduate research that you can then present at the annual university of the sciences research day.
- the explorers and scholars in science program, allows selected first-year students to conduct eight weeks of full time research with a faculty mentor during the summer following their first undergraduate year
at usciences. the program includes a stipend, and scholars present at a summer research
- enjoy unparalleled prep for medical school: you’ll complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in your
first two years.
- we are located in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry, surrounded by more than 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all
u.s. pharmaceutical firms.
- our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations create numerous
choices for internships and job opportunities.
- lessen the total time and cost to complete a usciences ms or phd—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
usciences newsview all
- students experience the "science side of pharmacy" in the industrial pharmacy lab
october 09, 2020
the industrial pharmacy lab at philadelphia college of pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- pcp doctoral students publish covid-19 research review
september 25, 2020
as the covid-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three usciences phd students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- under the microscope: a spotlight on faculty research
august 19, 2020
a look at the research of faculty members including anil d'mello phd, anne galgon, pt, phd, and michelle kanther, phd.
- usciences students gain telehealth experience during covid-19 clinical rotations
may 19, 2020
coronavirus (covid-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. to learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, usciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- alumna follows her passion to become university city restaurant owner
may 07, 2020
kate aiq (seenstra) ph/tx'10 says usciences graduates are well prepared for any career, even one as a restaurant owner.
university of the sciences
600 south 43rd street
philadelphia, pa 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810