in this section
pharmaceutics, ms, phd
with our dynamic, rigorous courses, you won’t just learn how to make drugs work better by how they are administered—you’ll pave the way for new administration methods. working one-on-one with experts, you’ll gain insight and foresight as you open up new areas of research in our state-of-the-art labs.
go from student to star candidate, ready to take charge in areas such as:
- drug delivery
- drug product development
- process optimization and stability
what sets us apart?
- our flexible degree options fit your lifestyle: pursue a pharmaceutics degree part-time
- an opportunity to work in our recently renovated industrial pharmacy laboratory.
- small class sizes promote personal attention as you collaborate with faculty.
- surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all u.s. pharmaceutical
firms, usciences is in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry.
- longstanding relationships with companies and organizations present you with many internship options and job opportunities.
- students experience the "science side of pharmacy" in the industrial pharmacy lab
october 09, 2020
the industrial pharmacy lab at philadelphia college of pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- pcp doctoral students publish covid-19 research review
september 25, 2020
as the covid-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three usciences phd students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- under the microscope: a spotlight on faculty research
august 19, 2020
a look at the research of faculty members including anil d'mello phd, anne galgon, pt, phd, and michelle kanther, phd.
- usciences students gain telehealth experience during covid-19 clinical rotations
may 19, 2020
coronavirus (covid-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. to learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, usciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- alumna follows her passion to become university city restaurant owner
may 07, 2020
kate aiq (seenstra) ph/tx'10 says usciences graduates are well prepared for any career, even one as a restaurant owner.
kamal jonnalagadda, phd
professor and director, pharmaceutics graduate program
pharmtox (ptc) building, room 245
university of the sciences
600 south 43rd street
philadelphia, pa 19104-4495