Exercise Physiology Major
Our rigorous curriculum combines a strong foundation in natural and social sciences with concentrated studies in exercise physiology. You’ll complete courses that cover physiology, fitness, health, and management while acquiring and applying communication, leadership, planning, and organizational skills.
By the end of the exercise physiology program, you’ll understand the structure, function, and processes of the body and the multidimensional nature of wellness and be able to design programs that help individuals maintain healthy lifestyles.
Our program features two degree options:
- 4-year undergraduate
- 3-year accelerated undergraduate
Each option prepares you for career paths in a variety of health and fitness settings. USciences graduates work in medicine, cardiovascular rehabilitation, corporate wellness, strength and conditioning, sport clinics, and universities. Some go on to earn their DPT, PA, DrOT, ATC (certified athletic trainer.)
What Sets Us Apart?
- 优秀 opportunities for independent research under the guidance of faculty who are nationally certified specialists. You’ll design
a research topic, draft a proposal, collect and analyze data, and more.
- 获得 valuable internship experience in the heart of the health science industry, surrounded by 250 medical facilities
in the Philadelphia region.
- 获得认证 as an exercise physiologist or a strength and conditioning specialist before graduation.
- Flexible program options that fit your needs and life.
- See different cultures while 海外留学; courses change location yearly.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework 在不增加成本
- USciences' Patrick Davitt Shares how to Stay Safe while Exercising in the Heat
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, director of USciences health sciences program, was quoted by The Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about how to safely exercise outside in the heat, especially while wearing a mask.
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for 研究
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences 学院 研究
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.
- Health Career Summer Academy Exposes Teens to Health Careers Early
USciences partnered with Main Line Health to offer a week-long Health Career Summer Academy to expose teens to careers in the health professions.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810